Health Tip: Prevent Travelers’ Diarrhea
— A vacation or business trip to a developing country can lead to a nasty case of travelers’ diarrhea — if you’re not careful.
The U.S. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases offers this advice on what to avoid during travel to developing nations:
- Drinking tap water.
- Using tap water to make ice, prepare foods or drinks or brush your teeth.
- Drinking juice or milk products that have not been pasteurized — heated to kill harmful microbes, viruses, bacteria and parasites.
- Eating food from street vendors.
- Eating meat, fish or shellfish that is raw, undercooked or not served hot.
- Eating raw vegetables and most raw fruits.
Posted: January 2019
Source: Read Full Article