Healthy weight loss: Mediterranean diet is the healthiest and the best diet
Long-term change in Diet is better than any Crash diet
Trends in dieting come and go. Many nutrition concepts for losing weight are not studied scientifically, some of them even harmful to health. With lock spells, such as “eating as much as you want” or “melt away the pounds over night” are advertised various diets. However, the reality is often different. Recommended for weight reduction in a long-term change in Diet on the basics of healthy eating concepts. The Mediterranean diet or the Mediterranean diet is as a concept and was recently voted the healthiest diet in 2019.
The US News is in the U.S. as a leading provider of service news and information in the areas you want to improve the quality of life. Among other things, the company provides an Overview of the 41 most popular diets and rated them on the basis of the current facts from medical journals, government reports and studies. In the year 2019, the Mediterranean diet is, for the first time on place 1 of the diet list. Also European studies have assessed this diet approach to be very positive.
What makes a Mediterranean diet?
The Mediterranean diet is characterized more by a series of healthy eating principles, as the exact requirements, what you should eat and what is not. Several studies have already shown that the Mediterranean diet not only a weight loss can be achieved, but that this diet can protect form heart disease and cancer, and better brain health. In addition, it is recommended for the control of Diabetes and can even lead to a Remission of the disease.
What is the Mediterranean diet on the table?
As the Name suggests, this approach to eating to the eating habits of the Mediterranean area. To include the basic foods that should be consumed daily, whole grain products, fruits, vegetables, beans, herbs, spices, nuts and healthy fats such as olive oil. Twice a week fish or seafood should be on the dining plan. Dairy products, eggs and poultry should also be regularly but in moderate portions eaten. Sweets, sugar-sweetened beverages, and red meat should be an exception.
So a day could look like with a Mediterranean diet
Now fill prescriptions from the Mediterranean diet all the books. Here is an example of what a day on the table:
- Breakfast: 170 g Greek yogurt 60 grams of strawberries and 1 teaspoon of honey, a slice of whole grain bread with half a mashed Avocado.
- Lunch: Greek whole wheat Pita filled with 2 tablespoons of Hummus, 120 grams of fresh vegetables and 2 slices of tomato, and a Cup of Minestrone soup and an Orange for dessert. Drink water with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Snack: 15 grams almonds 15 grams of peanuts.
- Dinner: salad with 1/2 Cup of arugula, 1/2 Cup baby spinach, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon Vinaigrette Dressing, 85 grams of salmon, 1 teaspoon tarragon and 1 teaspoon of mustard, 1/2 Cup Couscous, 1/2 Cup Zucchini, and 4 stalks asparagus.
- Dessert: grapes and 120 grams of lemon sorbet.
For More Information:
Diet: the Mediterranean diet is highly recommended in Diabetes
Prolong life: be Healthier by the new Mediterranean diet
Mediterranean cuisine is good for the heart and circulatory system